Article by Carrington T. Sakonda / am.co.za Machinery Support
Download Support PDF
Futher reading on the topic can be found on our sister sites:
In the Event of having challenges with getting a good Nozzle Test.
You can try to:
- Always close the Clamp of the waste pipe and fill your F-INK/Cap with Cleaning Solution for Overnight Standby whilst off or for an hour.
- In the Morning or after an hour, stir your Inks 1st.
- Switch on the Printer, let it boot up until ready.
- Press Left Arrow Key to move Print-Head all the way to the left Service Station and wipe clean under the Print-Head with a Wet-Wipe Damped in Cleaning Solution.
- Bring back the Print-Head to the Cap Station, Open the Closed Waste Pipe Clamp below.
- Run 1 Inking / Manual Pump for 10 seconds + Wipe Nozzle.
- Press Left Arrow Key, Take a Tissue/Paper Towel/Soft Dry Cloth and Dry Clean the F-INK/CAP & Print-Head Wiper.
- Press Exit for Head to Cap and Run One Nozzle Clean + Nozzle Test
- If Nozzle Test is Good (65%), begin to print the badness away using your datum / test print (a print you have done and no is a good print from before or use our Test print
- This should be good Enough Maintenance and whilst you do all this the Printing Bed will also be warming up if Eco-Solvent Printer but if it is UV NO NEED FOR HEAT.
Or you can try these steps if you do not get Nozzle Test in the Morning or throughout the day if print quality is not good enough.
There are not many maintenance procedures on an Eco-Solvent/ Uv/ Sublimation Printer.
Remember to change any Dampers that no longer seal on the head entirely and are shaking. Consumables have no Guarantee life-span.
If Still not Good you can run 1/2 Nozzle Cleans + Nozzle Tests or 1 more Manual Pump for 10 seconds + Wipe Nozzle
Remove the Cap and dunk in a cup full of cleaning solution and detergent, on the Connector that connects to the Pump push and pull with a syringe washing your cap and also push through cleaning solution on the pipe of the pump washing out the solution through the pump refreshing it, If failing to pull through Inks easily.